We all want our homes to look spectacular without sacrificing comfort, but decorating your bedroom to reflect your personal style and keeping things cozy isn’t always easy. Aside from mixing and matching patterns and all of the other tried-and-true (and maybe exhausted) design advice, we’ve put our heads together with today’s hottest decorators to come up with five amazing bedroom décor ideas that you’ll love.
5 Hot Bedroom Décor Ideas
1. Add one fine antique. Even if you have an ultra-modern style, an antique sculpture, bedside table or chest for the foot of your bed can create a spectacular showpiece that adds true panache to your personal space.
2. Stick with a pattern. Some people find that drapes, throw pillows and small accents make wonderful complements to the rest of the décor when they’re all the same pattern. Love houndstooth? Go for it – you can be as bold or as reserved as you’d like.
3. Add splashes of your favorite color. This works particularly well if you have white or off-white walls; adding a few vases, photo frames or even a chair outfitted in your color will add a vibrant touch to your bedroom.
4. Turn your bedroom upside-down. It sounds crazy, but it’s not. Think about painting your ceiling with a bright shade while leaving the walls white. You might be surprised at how it changes the room’s whole appearance (in a good way).
5. Set up a reading nook. It’s always nice to have a cozy spot to curl up in, and adding a comfy chair and a small table where you can read the paper, browse the Internet on your tablet or power through your favorite writer’s latest novel will make your bedroom that much more welcoming.
What to Do if You Don’t Have Enough Space
If your current bedroom space won’t allow you to redecorate the way you want to, it might just be time for a new bedroom. Call us at 615-661-9995 or contact us online today so you can share your ideas and discover how Carbine & Associates can make your dream home a reality.